Monday, December 10, 2007

"More" Telephone oh *Yeah*



I've been playing the beejeezus out of this 2-Disc album since buying it at EM last week. But Telephone's "More" has got me completely hooked. Y'know how a playing a song brings back the image of wherever you were when you first heard it? "More" sounds like taking the nighttime I-5 South past this lovely spit-shined city, zooming past the skyscrapers like George expletive-deleted Jetson.

It reminds me of early Cars without ripping that sound off. And I love the way it's shaped; again reminds me of the Cars and how Ric Ocasek seemed pushed back in the mix and in front of it at the same time. *MMMmm*

(And, how polite of these fine artists to play into the theme of my yakky little blog.)

Congratulations, Hank Failing! Genius album.

No comments: