Saturday, December 15, 2007

When Getting Lost is Better than the Original Plan

Someone emailed me a newsletter describing an art event with an address on SE Grand. I tried to find it and didn't. None of the shopkeepers I talked to in that area knew what I was talking about. Whatevs, then.

But I did get to meet Richard at Shoppeople. His card says 416 SE Oak, and Google says this coffeeshop is 422 SE Grand. Guess that's because they have all that art production space- do check out their website for the story.


This is a lovely and cool place well worth getting lost to find. Coffee, comfy chairs for serious lounging and art for sale all around the room.




Big windows for people-watching as they have the corner store. Funny and nice mix of music playing at the perfect level for solo listening or to talk over without shouting. Winner.


I'm having a refreshing latte while owner Richard commiserates with me on being lost. And their boffo iMac I'm typing this on is a wayback machine with a hockey puck mouse. Yesterday's technology today!

PS All the parking immediately around this cool area is one hour or half hour (!). I can't get anything done in a half hour. But go a couple blocks east and south nearer the auto repair shops and it's 2-hour.

Update 2: I never did find that other event.

No comments: