Friday, December 21, 2007

This Boycott Hurts Me a Great Deal


I adore this brilliant show. I watch the clock for the time I can see each new episode. Yet I've never seen it on TV. I don't even own a TV.

I've probably watched each of the Season One shows online 5 times each. Except for the Isabella Rossellini/ Paul Ruebens episode, which I've seen easily 15 times. Ads and all, advertisers.

But I am not watching any more online broadcasts until the writers and other guilds get paid for it. I'm talking to you, advertisers. Ad agencies. Why are you putting up with this strike? Having the nets refund your money is nothing compared to losing eyeballs in your key demographics. You can't get this fourth quarter back. Explain to the execs at your lucrative car account, how your unseen media campaign is selling their cars for them-? Maybe you want to encourage your obsolescence as the move to product placement increases? (The people at Snapple are geniuses. They've gone from bathroom break facilitators to snarky, self-referential "In" crowd members.)

Tell the AMPTP to get the lead out or your industry will die.

No comments: