Saturday, January 19, 2008

Job Interview


You looked me in the eye

And said Why
Do you want this job so I
Had to tell you I thought I’d be the best

Because of my experience
And we did a little dance
With words and phrases hence
When the other guy tried to get a word in edgewise we’d let him sometimes

I tried to tell my story and not to showboat or brag
It wasn’t too often that there would be a lag
I’d like to think I had it in the bag
But you’re seeing more people all this weekend

You said you’d let me know next week
Would it be pushy if we speak
In the meantime about something completely geek
You liked too, that was part of MacWorld’s webcast

You gave me the nicest smile
Even for Portland, nicer than I’ve seen in a while
Like you actually liked me
And thought I’d be a good employee and I think I would be

It’s hard to know just what to say
And sucks that there’s this damn delay
Be better to know what’s up today
So I can get on with things

No comments: